Palazzo Urbani-Acuti, also called Palazzo Cruciani, is in Via Garibaldi and was one Spello’s main private buildings. It was built around 1602 by the noble family from Spello, the Urbani-Acuti, who expanding the buildings that stood behind, and it was the residence of patrician families for centuries: in 1620 it passed into the hands of the Monaldis, in 1718 to the Grillo-Pamphili and finally to the Cruciani in 1769. In 1940 it was sold to the nearby Collegio Vitale Rosi and then became the property of the Municipality.
Palazzo Cruciani underwent several modifications linked to the architectural tastes of the noble families who lived there; it now has four floors and is clearly Baroque in style. The complex structure revolves around the courtyard, made more airy by the large windows in the eastern wing and has a period well decorated with masks as well as the heraldic emblem placed on it by the Urbani-Acuti. The covered wooden balcony, extending to the left of the courtyard, is very elegant and affords magnificent views.
Inside, the ground floor is decorated with 17th-century allegories frescoed on the barrel vault ceiling, by an unknown author and dated 1602, as well as decorations on the stairs and the piano nobile. The main room is the Sala delle Quattro Stagioni, on the first floor, where meetings of the municipal council are held. The Four Seasons are depicted on the ceiling, while on the walls, the initials of the client Giovanni Cruciani, the date of execution of the paintings (1890) and the signature of the artist Gaetano Pompei of Amendola are interspersed by motifs depicting candelabras.